Tuesday, April 20, 2004

On Saturday evening I accompanied Tat to the Gombert concert at Toorak College in Mt Eliza. The hall had an extraordinarily dry acoustic which meant that you could hear every singer; there was no blend of the sound. However by the second half (Brahms motets) the choir had managed to accustom themselves and turned in a cracking performance. That's not to say that the first half was bad, it wasn't, just that the second was better.

It finally rained on Saturday evening -- quite a good soaking, but we still need a lot more. Nevertheless the garden is looking a lot happier since then.

Sunday to Mum's where sister G and her husband D were visiting; it was good to catch up with them. In the afternoon LE dropped in on her way home from visiting P&B -- she and P were off to a concert so she called in to pass some time. We had a nice chat and a cuppa. When she left I jumped onto the web where I stupidly seem to have picked up a virus or worm which constantly insists on closing down my computer. I spoke to LM at work about it and he gave me a patch which should get rid of the blaster worm and a copy of McAfee anti-virus software to install. Unfortunately the patch didn't seem to have any effect on the worm, and I was also unable to install the anti-virus software. Back to square one.

I spoke to LM this morning and he's going to try to find something else for me to try -- I feel like a complete twat for having gone so long without virus detection software and realise that I deserve all that has happened to me. Oh well, I've still got my health.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home