Friday, April 23, 2004

Happy days -- where do I start?

It's raining; good soaking rain, which is forecast to last the whole weekend. Wonderful! I just hope they're getting it where it's really needed like central Victoria which as we saw at Easter is so dry.

Other good news to hand: my flight to London/Europe is booked. I leave Melbourne on September 13, returning about a month later after having had lots of fun and catching up with some dear friends in various countries. Now all I have to do is find my passport.

The last piece of good news is that after days of battling with patches, fixes and the like I have finally cleaned up my computer and installed much-needed virus protection software. Despite LM's help it wasn't until NC "The Champ" put me on to AVG anti-virus, a version of which is free, that I was able to actually do anything with the PC. Now I'll keep it all up to date, I promise.

In other news: Yesterday I spent some time working on the new asset-management system at work, processing yesterday's paper for the clients so they can compare the feeds from the new and old systems. A long slog.

Then in the evening I went to dinner with Dr D and the Lotus Master (formerly known as DA & AH - I'm sick of boring initials) in their eyrie atop the Majorca Building. The doctor had cooked a wonderful chicken tikka, served with beans and spinach, and tomato rice. Delicious. We watched a german film (getting back into the mood), Mostly Martha, about a woman chef whose sister dies in a car accident leaving her daughter to be cared for by the chef. Nothing unexpected in the film, but some terrific stuff in the kitchen (some mouth-watering food) and very beautifully filmed (though the boys' wide-screen TV could have something to do with that).

Home in time to run another virus scan on the PC and get rid of the last of the nasties.

And happy ever after!...

... I wish.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home