Thursday, January 22, 2004

This week has been a good one for me. I had yesterday off in lieu of working last Saturday evening to cover someone who was ill. It was a beautiful day so I took myself off to get my hair cut (as you do). This involved a twenty-minute walk in either direction through the park in the sun; at least it wasn't too hot. Then after a quiet lunch I jumped on a bus to Lygon Street where I had a quick turn through Borders (I went to Readings last visit) and then strolled up Grattan Street to the Royal Melbourne to visit B.

I discovered him easily enough, but he was having a snooze, so I took myself off for a short stroll around Parkville for half an hour. When I returned he was sitting up chatting to SS. He is very bright and looking forward to coming home soon (perhaps tomorrow, but more likely Monday). He is getting some entertainment from the activities of other patients on the floor, in particular a woman in the room opposite who keeps trying to slip out for a cigarette. Offers of radios/music systems are politely refused: "Too much responsibility, anyway I've got plenty to read".

Working evening shift today: this morning I tried to bake a plum cake for MS's birthday. Used St Stephanie's recipe (or part of it) but when I came to remove the cake from its tin, its bottom fell off. Quel dommage! Zut alors! It will however make a tasty dessert with yoghurt, but it meant I had to drop in at DJ's to get a proper cake for afternoon tea. I will try it again -- I'm determined to get it right.

Meanwhile a certain blogger of our fraternity/sorority (what is the gender-free term?) hasn't posted anything since January 10. I've been suffering from withdrawal, not knowing what's happening with the rocks...

Dinner last night with DG who leaves on Monday for the trade fair in Birmingham, followed by ten days in Morocco. Lucky thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home