Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Farewell London, hello Oxford

On Sunday morning I packed my bag (with a bit of difficulty) and went around to St James, where Paul B sings in the choir. Bruce M also turned up for the service, which included the Byrd four-part mass. The service went on a bit longer that expected as, being Corpus Christi, we all processed around the church holding candles.

After the service Paul and I farewelled Bruce and headed off to Paddington station where we had lunch before I caught the train to Oxford. Julie and Emily were at the station to meet me and we went back to their house, not far from the flat they were in when I last visited.

On Monday Taffy, Julie and I took Emily (in the pusher) for a lovely long walk down to Iffley Lock to feed the ducks - there were supposed to be geese, but they must have been otherwise engaged.

Yesterday I walked into Oxford where, among other things, I did a walking tour of some of the colleges. Many are closed at the moment as it is exam time, but we did get to see New College, which is possibly the most impressive.

Emily is a very sweet, well-behaved toddler with a bright disposition - she sleeps through every night and cries very rarely. A delight to be around.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home