Monday, June 13, 2011

Pictures and music

More rain today so I took myself in to the National Portrait Gallery - quite a few people there hiding out of the wet but not too bad. It's a great collection and I particularly liked the early 20th century portraits. There were also splendid portraits of Huxley and Darwin whose biography I have been recently reading.

After the gallery I looked for a brunch place mentioned in this week's Time Out, situated near Goodge St station. Alas, I wasn't the only person who'd read the review and there was a queue out the door, 3 Bags Full-style. I found an alternative.

Later in the afternoon I took the tube out to Hampstead where I attended a concert presented by the choir Voxcetera - the program included a few old favourites from the Tudor anthem book and the inevitable Tavener, Whitacre and Lauridsen. An enjoyable concert but Gloriana has nothing to worry about.

1 Comments:

Blogger bruce said...

Good to see you're keeping the blog up as a kind of diary of your trip. We 'stay at homes' appreciate it. Keep it up, please.

4:25 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home