Wednesday, January 06, 2010

2010 - A new year

I'm very relieved 2009 is over, it was fairly turbulent - I had two trips overseas, retirement and, in the middle of the year, the loss of my dear mother.

In May, I spent time in France and Spain with P&B before heading for Britain, visiting my cousins in St Andrews and Derby and spending some time with AC & DP in Brighton.

When I got home I found that Mum's condition had deteriorated while I was away; she died just over a week after my return. I miss her.

Back at work I discovered that my request for a redundancy had been accepted and I finished up for good at the end of July.

In mid-October I flew back to Britain with BN; she had rented a flat in Oxford so I had a base, from where I visited Dublin, Derby, London and Brighton catching up with friends and family.

I got back to Melbourne mid-November. Xmas was spent with DG in Castlemaine and New Year at home on my own.

The second trip away meant that I missed out on singing in the last Gloriana concert for the year, but I did go and hear it; a slightly odd experience, being on the other side of the action, but enjoyable.

The second half of the year has also been busy getting Mum's affairs in order - cleaning, tidying and preparing her unit for sale and dealing with bills and solicitors and such like.

My life now is very different from what it was at the start of 2009 - I wonder how much more it will change over the next year.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home