Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Dishwasher blues

On Sunday night, after B&P left, I put all the dirty dishes in the dishwasher (as you do) and set it to run. Then I went to bed.

I got up to go to the loo a while later and noticed that it was still running - it was nearly 1am. As well, there was a reddish light flashing. None of the buttons would respond to my frantic jabbing fingers so I pulled the whole thing out of its space and discovered that the power plug lived in the cupboard next door.

I returned to bed satisfied that it wasn't going to run all night. In the morning I also turned off its water supply before leaving for work ... just in case.

I put in a request for a service call and was told that "the man" would come on Wednesday, probably morning. He arrived around 10am today and managed to fix the problem very easily (I now know what to do if it happens again). I could have got him to make some adjustments to the door which might help prevent it recurring, but he said that he would usually only recommended that if it had done it three or four times, not just the first time.

Let's hope it behaves itself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home