Monday, October 03, 2005

Busy, busy, busy



After work on Friday I went down to DG's and we drove up to Newstead for the weekend; P&B joined us on Saturday. It was a great weekend, great weather, and lots of eating, drinking, relaxing and going for walks. I haven't seen it so green there for years. P and I saw some lovely wildflowers including lots of beautiful blue wax-lipped orchids.



On the way home DG dropped me off in Woodend where I was picked up by AC who is visiting from New Zealand; I played and she sang. It was lovely to see her again. Afterwards she dropped me at the station where I caught the bus back to Sunbury, then the train to Spencer Street, before getting to Flinders Street to catch the suburban train back home. It's tough getting around while the station is being rebuilt.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So.... that's what Newstead looks like! I've heard about the lure of this place for years, and wonder why you don't make an effort to go more often. Reminds me of the beautiful old bluestone buildings we had on the farm near Malmsbury. Walking into the dim interior was a step back in time, a radical contrast to the hot summer outside. I rarely disturbed the old timber shelves and galvanised cannisters for fear of making friends with a redback spider!

9:10 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home