Friday, September 09, 2005

No work

Well, the three days leave were wonderful. It kicked off on Monday night when I went to see GH after work. He fed me a wonderful tofu and pumpkin pie and let me play some of my opera DVDs on his fabulous surround system. Sigh.

Tuesday was glorious - I just bummed around and went for a lovely walk in the afternoon. Later P&B picked me up on the way to the Carringbush where we attended the Collingwood & Abbotsford Residents Association meeting, but not before we each consumed the biggest chicken parmigianas I've see in a long time.



On Wednesday LE came round and we took the tram down to Prahran to visit the Essential Ingredient. After wandering round looking goggle-eyed at all the wonders on offer I finally lashed out on some gold-plated (not literally) chocolate with coffee and walnut and a container of their best cocoa. We had a coffee in South Yarra then I walked her up to Hoddle Street to catch the bus. I continued on foot through the Botanic Gardens to the National Gallery where I met DG. We had a lovely walk around the gallery and lunch before walking into the city for coffee. P came round after work for soup; B joined us later for rhubarb and apple. Another great day.



On Thursday Tat kindly drove me to a nursery where I bought some plants. She's off on Sunday on her wonderful trip through North Western America.

And then it was all back to normal this morning - work was not nearly as bad as I expected it would be. Tonight was rehearsal at St John's - thank goodness there were more tenors tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home