Tuesday, June 14, 2005

HBTM!

The Bach concert was a huge success: great audience (the church was packed) and we all sang like angels. It was a very exciting experience, but in the long run very tiring. It's a huge sing and requires careful management of resources - you've got to have enough left for Singet! at the end. We did the last section as an encore as the audience seemed to want more. A great day.

After a quick nap I got dinner ready for P&B, home from their successful trip to Ubud. There are some pictures on B's blog taken with P's new digital toy (including some very fine ducks). We watched Hitchcock's Family plot which I'd picked up very cheaply at JB - I thought I'd seen it, but perhaps not. I did, however, enjoy it - I've always liked Karen Black and Bruce Dern.

Yesterday I had a play with Barbara - I got there for lunch and we spent the afternoon talking and watching bits of video and DVD. She has a video of a really interesting doco of the San Francisco Opera Ring cycle from the stagehands' point of view. Great fun. Then last night I just flopped in front of the telly finishing the evening with the ever-so-wholesome Oz.

Today is my birthday and the second day of my week's leave. Bliss.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home