Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Going to pieces

After the arm/numb finger and the lower back problem I now have further proof that I'm falling apart: while eating a scone yesterday I noticed that a large chunk of one of my molars had fallen off. I had part of a front tooth fall off in similar circumstances only a few years ago. Fortunately it's not painful, but my tongue won't leave the gaping hole alone. I was able to get in to see the dentist tomorrow lunchtime, but I have a nasty feeling this exercise is going to be costly.

On a lighter note, last night B&P and I met up for a quick bite (at a rather nice little bar under the hideous Westyn hotel in the City Square) before taking our seats in the Town Hall to hear the Verdi Requiem. It was a great concert: the Stanford Symphony Orchestra with the Royal Melbourne Philharmonic and a great lineup of soloists. Rosamund Illing was fabulous - glorious soft notes way up top - as were the others: Deborah Humble, Rosario La Spina and David Hibbard (last seen in Adelaide as Fafner). Thanks to B for doing the HalfTix shuffle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home