Sunday, June 19, 2005

Well, the birthday week off is just about over. As I said to Mum today, "I don't want to go back to work tomorrow". I even asked if she'd write me a note saying that I should be excused from work as I was having too much fun. She said she would.

Very late to the shops yesterday as B had to race into town to get tickets for P and him to "Marriage of Figaro" last night. In the evening LE came round for dinner; she brought a DVD of Princess Mononoke. Unfortunately all we could hear from the sound track was two of the 5.1 surround tracks which meant we had to watch it with the "English for the hard of hearing" subtitles. This made for a rather bizarre viewing as the sound effects (most of which we could hear) were spelt out: "Grunts", "Whimpers", etc. Still we both enjoyed it and will look out for its appearance at the Astor - we both agreed we'd love to see it on the big screen.

Picked up at sparrows' this morning by NT for the Bach at St John's. Not much for the chorus but we did it rather well. The tenor soloist (same as the last one, I think) was mostly good but in a couple of places where he wasn't sure of the notes was less than pleasant. AR sang well. The band was terrific.

Back to work tomorrow...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home