Thursday, April 14, 2005

Working a bit late tonight as JdL rang in sick this morning. At lunchtime I went down town and dropped the Bach score in on JW who works at AMEB. Then I wandered around town a bit before having a spot of lunch at Australia on Collins; not posh, but cheap and cheerful.

When I got back I sat at the microfilm machine and worked my way through September 1915 looking for reports from Philip Schuler at Gallipoli -- it's tedious work, but MB seemed pleased with the articles I found last night from July and August. Will try and finish October off tomorrow.

It rained today; it started last night and has been going on and off all day. AH said he thought he'd fixed my leaky roof all those weeks ago - this is the first rain we've had since then and it turns out that he didn't. Instead of dripping onto the shower the water is trickling down the bathroom wall. I'll have to call him and tell him. It's probably the reason I haven't had a bill for the last visit; he was waiting to see what happened when it rained.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home