Tuesday, November 04, 2003

After last night's Gloriana rehearsal I realised that this concert is going to be a really tiring sing -- not only the stratospheric (for the tenors) Josquin mass, but also finishing the night with the Biebl and Gorecki will have us all tuckered out (make that exhausted). Still, last night convinced me that we've got a good concert coming up. Just hope I can survive the preceding week with the Xmas Oratorio...

No news on B at the moment as I'm waiting until I see P tonight.

The garden is looking wonderful -- the roses have certainly gone mad with all the rain. I'm sure I'll get home today (sunny Cup Day) to find they've exploded with joy at the sunshine. Will have to start removing a few vigorous plants though to allow everything its own space; I've already pulled out a number of scabious from around the quince. Which is flowering -- and seems to be trying to set at least one fruit. I should probably remove all possible fruit to allow the tree to establish, but faced with the prospect of my own quinces I can't bring myself to do it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home