Tuesday, June 09, 2020

Three annoyances

In Friday I decided to upgrade to Finale 26 - downloading was much faster than pre-NBN. I kicked off the installation, putting it on my D: drive, rather than the default C: drive.

All went well until I fired it up and opened a file. Alas, the MIDI out was not working. Then I tried version 25 and that also wasn't working with sound. Bugger! I tried the Knowledge Base which had an entry addressing the Error 7, which had been flagged, but the suggestions there didn't work. So I sent off an error report. It will probably take a while to get results.

Then, around 4:30 I was watching a YouTube video streamed to the TV when it stopped. Long story short, the NBN had decided to stop delivering the internet to me. I then spent about an hour talking to a quite methodical support person, all to no avail. While all signs point to my NBN box being connected, I can't access any sites. The support man said he'd escalate my call, asking me to send a screen grab of the ping and other commands I'd run to adsl_engineers@tpg.com.au. yesterday was Queen's Birthday holiday so I didn't expect any result, but when I hadn't heard by 3pm today I rang again. After a bit of faffing about there's a technician booked in for Friday afternoon.

And finally, last night while watching TV I noticed it was a bit cool and checked the heating control screen. The fan and flame signals were visible but it kept saying "Please wait". No luck. I tried again this morning (2°!) with no luck. I've arranged a service call ($240 callout fee) for Friday afternoon as well.

So feeling cold and frustrated. Tonight I've got the reverse cycle unit churning away.

This morning I visited Loretto and Stewart for breakfast.

SMac & LP


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home