Sunday, November 23, 2008

News of Peg

Mum has had a bad week and is currently in the Freemasons' Hospital. She's had some back pain caused by a crushed vertebrae and perhaps because of this had a fall on Friday morning. I got there just as the ambulance crew arrived. They got her up off the floor and after assessing her decided she was OK to stay at home. I stayed on for a while, giving her lunch before I left.

Just before midnight I had a call from her neighbour John saying that she'd had another fall; this time she had managed to remember to press her emergency button. When John called Mum was just being put into the ambulance - he told me that as Cabrini was closed they were taking her to the Epworth.

On Saturday I got up early and headed off to the Epworth. Mum was still in the emergency department, but after a quick visit to the X-ray department she was put into an ambulance and we drove to the Freemasons' where she was admitted.

I dropped in twice today and she's looking much brighter, though she has spent the last two days in bed. The doctor, who I saw yesterday and this morning, was talking about getting her to sit up for a few hours, but it doesn't seem that her passed this on to the nursing staff. Perhaps tomorrow. She's fairly bright, but cross with herself for having the falls and a bit anxious about what will happen to her - as are we.

More news as it happens.

Last night I met up with DG and we went to see Otello at the State Theatre. It's an interesting work and the performance seemed OK, but I don't really think my mind was on it. Although the Willow song was pretty amazing, though whether it was the performance or just because it's a terrific piece of writing I'm not sure.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home