Monday, September 01, 2008

A weekend in the country

As I had a rostered four-day weekend I was missed most of the unfortunate business at work - tomorrow will be interesting. I went up to Newstead for a couple of days but came back on Saturday evening to be ready for Sunday's concert. It was great to get back there; Friday was a glorious day, though Saturday turned a bit plain.

The concert went off well; the Ligeti in particular was possibly the best we'd ever done it. It was quite scary but once started it seemed to just roll on inexorably to the end. I think the audience liked it. For me the highlight was the Rautavaara which finished the concert. I'm going to see what recordings of his work I can find - I found his writing interesting and very exciting.

In the evening B&P, LE and I went for a very delicious dinner at The Commoner in Fitzroy. It was a set menu evening and they just kept bringing tasty dish after tasty dish. Afterwards I walked LE home (and increased my daily steps at the same time).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home