Sunday, March 09, 2008

It's official - I'm a geek

While I was in Newstead with DG I installed Ubuntu (a Linux distro) on my laptop. It's certainly much faster in starting up and shutting down than Vista (which took about five minutes to close down the other day!) but so far I haven't been able to activate the wireless, or even a LAN connection to the ADSL modem-router. Oh well, it gives me a new project.

Apart from geekish activities, I had a lovely few days with DG - we looked at a possible house for him in Chewton, a very cute little place with tons of charm and, while it needs a little bit of work, it is certainly immediately liveable. He has a few doubts about its size (there's not much in the way of storage space inside) but is hoping to make a decision soon.

As usual on Sunday I went to Mum's today - she's well and is going to stay with my sister G in Kyneton on Wednesday for a couple of weeks. Bro is going into hospital for a minor procedure and won't be able to drive for a couple of weeks so it will be easier for us all (and her) if she goes to stay with G. She doesn't want to leave her home but I think is looking forward to it. The only drawback is that the lunch M has organised for her 95th birthday (on March 17) will have to be postponed for a fortnight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home