Wednesday, March 07, 2007

More food

Saturday was shopping as usual though we did tack on a visit to Smith Street as P needed some dried kidney beans and the Vic Gardens supermarket doesn't seem to stock dried beans/pulses any more.

After a successful run through Safeway we decided to try a new place for lunch. We sat up the back and ordered. The food was different and good. At one stage a man (passing by on the way to the loo - he didn't make a special trip) asked me where I'd got my T-shirt* ("This was supposed to be the future") and said how much he admired it. Fancy that, I'm a fashion plate!

When we arrived I'd noticed that sitting with friends in one of the alcoves was MsFits, whose blog I read - as we were leaving I manage to speak to her and tell her how much I enjoy reading her blog and welcomed her to Collingwood. When I said I lived in Abbotsford, she asked, "Oh, near the dead body?"

Sunday was lunch at Mum's - she'd had a lunch at the pub with her friends on Saturday and is going again for her birthday in a fortnight.

On Monday, Tat came for dinner before Gloriana rehearsal - she had a good time in Tasmania and has had a bit of sun; she's looking very well. At rehearsal we spent some time on the Gorecki (such a hard slog), the Clare Maclean and the Brumel. It's all falling together and promises to be a good concert.

Last night I went to P&B's for dinner - entree of past with home-made pesto, then lovely roast rolled pork with roast veg and some of P's baked beans. This delicious repast was topped off with a medly of icecreams - strawberry, and blueberry and blackberry. We are spoilt.

*Threadless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home