Monday, December 12, 2005

Foody Sunday

Saturday's concert in Woodend had its moments, but wasn't bad. I went to ST's place in Kingsville to get a lift up there. We picked up TvN and set off getting to Woodend with plenty of time to spare. We went to a rather nice cafe where we had a snack and coffee (I seem to be back on it after not having had one for about six weeks).

As we were leaving the cafe I spotted some very interesting loaves of bread on the counter and, as I was paying for one, I asked if they were baked on the premises. I had a vision of a little country backhouse out the back with a little country baker covered in flour busily kneading dough and shaping little country loaves.

It turns out that the bread comes from a boutique bakery in Chapel St, Prahran. It is delicious anyway.

Sunday morning I woke early (as described below) and went to P&B's for lunch with LE and G&L, whom I hadn't seen for ages. There was a delicious array of things on the table - cheeses, breads, dips - and we all stuffed ourselves silly not realising that there was more to come. P had made beef rendang and gado gado, yummy! And to top it all off there were mixed berries served with B's tasty lemongrass and ginger ice-cream.

I waddled home after four to discover a delightful card that LE had left under my door. A thoroughly enjoyable day to start my week of holidays.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home