Monday, September 05, 2005

Bits and bobs

On Thursday in German class I discovered that one of my fellow students acted in the play presented at the Carlton Courthouse and written by AB, MG's daughter. What a small world.

Friday was St John's rehearsal at which I was the sole tenor. GL asked about other tenors and I suggested BL from Gloriana. As it turned out BJ was at the Gloriana concert on Saturday evening and also expressed interest so we may end up with a quorum after all (though BL, who is interested, is unavailable for this cantata).

On Saturday after lunch B&P helped me hang DG's wonderful painting over the piano. We managed to move the piano out and back without any injury (to us or the piano). I will post a picture of how it looks soon.

Saturday's concert went off well with us all making a cracking noise in the confines of Trinity Chapel. Yesterday's performance at St Mark's felt a little more spacious, though I think the Requiem was probably better on Saturday night. Though for both concerts I was more than a little scratchy, which didn't sound too good at times.

In the evening I took myself down to DG's (after waiting over 30 minutes for a bus) where I had a lovely meal and some relaxing chat. Luckily I only had to wait about five minutes for a bus home.

Unfortunately the bus stops on the 246 line no longer have timetables - if there is anything at the stop it's an indicator of frequency. That's all very well during peak periods, but when there are only two an hour (or fewer) it would be nice to know what part of the hour they're expected.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home