Wednesday, December 02, 2015

Sibelius and Syzygy

Yesterday I recorded Geoff H's narration for his last Sibelius program and ripped still the music from his discs. Then saved everything onto my USB stick so I could work on it at home.

This morning I went to see Margaret, which was lovely. She's not doing too badly, I think.

Tonight I met B&P at the Salon at MRC for the last of Sygyzy's concerts for this year. No Blair tonight as he's off touring with Hugh Jackman; Ceridwen Davis was guest violist. The fire with was Arborescence by Andrew A, my radio buddy. I quite enjoyed it, an interesting work ably introduced by the composer as being instituted by the idea of a tree, from roots, through trunk, to branches and twigs.

The last work, also a world premiere, was Syzygy by Brenton Broadstock who also made an introduction. Written for the ensemble it showed off the members' talents beautifully.

Afterwards we adjourned to Blondie for dinner; my pork was delicious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home