Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Piano lesson

Today I had my first piano lesson in over forty years. The lovely Leigh Harrold from the Syzygy Ensemble came around and we spent a very pleasant hour and a half talking music and piano playing.

It was great to have some advice on how I play. He made a couple of suggestions on posture and hand position which make a lot of sense; he also had some great ideas on musical expression. After having played on my own for so long it was terrific to get some feedback. I hope he enjoyed the time as much as I did.

Then in the afternoon I went in to The Age to look at some clippings files the John had kindly retrieved for me. I'm hoping to provide the Victorian Opera Facebook page with some information about productions in the 60s and 70s. It was nice to see some of my old colleagues.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home