Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Travel memories, etc

I'm just watching the lovely Joanna Lumley presenting her Greek Odyssey program. Tonight she's visiting Corfu.

What I find interesting is that when I first travelled overseas, in 1976, I spent a few days on Corfu on my way from Italy to Athens. However, I find I have almost no recollection of my time there. I do know that I learnt to play backgammon from an American girl in a taverna, while drinking retsina, I think. Watching Joanna Lumley's program provides me with absolutely no sparks of recognition ...

To be honest I don't have many firm memories of my first trip - I know I spent about two months back-packing around Europe visiting, among other places, Belgium, the Netherlands, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Greece. Over the years I've revisited many of these places but have never returned to Greece. Not sure if I ever will.

In other news I've got a last-minute gig on 3MBS tomorrow. It's the Midday program; it's already programmed (by JvB) so I just have to present it. Then I spend the rest of the afternoon on Reception before coming back at 7pm to present Music for Keyboard.

This evening I booked for the Berlioz Requiem on Saturday (with P&B) and for Bill Bailey in September (with LE). 

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home