Friday, July 04, 2003

Yesterday's funeral was hard - it's hard enough singing when you don't know the deceased, but when you do, it's very difficult to keep the voice functioning. We sang Berlioz's "Shepherd's farewell", a psalm, Purcell's "Hear my pray-er" (as it is written), a few hymns and a Russian contaktion (?). Anyhow I got through it - although I had to laugh when I saw I was singing next to Robert P (we don't speak). Barbara T was there and giggled about this too; afterwards she drove me into town, dropping me off in Nicholson St so I could drop in to see Lorraine E at St Vincent's. She's signing things today.

Lorraine was sitting up in bed in her lovely dalmatian-spotted pyjamas. Everything seemed to go OK and she's hoping to be home some time today. I said that we would get anything she needed tomorrow when we shop.

Then last night Jim W came around and we went to Bhoj for dinner - my thank-you to him for his work on the new computer. The food was just as good as last time and the service was better. I still find the place a bit cold for my liking, though no-one else seemed to mind. Perhaps I should wear more clothes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home