Monday, April 06, 2020

First cab off the rank

This morning was the first Daybreak under the new arrangements at 3MBS. From today only Daybreak and Intermezzo will be live presentations - at all other times re- packaged programs from last year will be played, ensuring that we keep broadcasting.

Last week I went in a few times, including to present my last Singers and Songs program, but from today most of my work will be from home.  I won't go back for a fortnight.

My daily routine is to shower and dress and go for a brisk walk to Johnston Street, to the IGA for the paper and anything else I need. I come home via Mavis, with a coffee. Then it's read the paper over toast and coffee, finishing with the puzzles page.

A bit of editing work can take me through to the afternoon, when I try to have another brisk walk.

Of course, all this time I'm constantly monitoring my phone for social media and news.

The internet provides a lot of distraction as well as an extraordinary level of communication - texts, emails,  video hookups ...

Photo from Saturday,  April 4

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home