Wednesday, January 12, 2011

... and again.

Yesterday I spent the whole day at 3MBS; it was quite busy which made the day pass fairly quickly. When I got home I noticed that the front gate wasn't shut properly ... oh, well, I thought, someone may have called trying to sell me something. People don't always shut the gate properly.

I think you know where this is going.

Then I noticed that the old recycling crate was upside-down. My Spidey-senses started to prickle. I went inside and on a first look could see nothing out of the ordinary. It wasn't until I unlocked the back door that I could see that someone had been trying to jemmy the doors open. Thankfully they were unsuccessful, but they damaged the frame of one of the doors - the other door was relatively unscathed.

So then the old routine kicked in - I'm so lucky the police station is so close. After reporting it at Collingwood there was a crime scene man on the premises within minutes (good work, guys). Of course he couldn't get any fingerprints, but took a few photos of the damage and suggested more options to secure the place before he left.

This morning I spoke to the insurance people to set the whole repair/replacement process in motion - they said they'd get back to me tomorrow

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Paul Bentley said...

eep. not fun at all. at least they were unsuccessful...

10:47 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home