Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Slowing down

Well, all my singing gigs are over for the year - after the Bach B minor mass I sang at St John's Southgate (on the Sunday) and then the following Saturday I sang in the annual Messiah at St Peter's Eastern Hill. All concerts went very well and I was (am) very happy with my performances in each.

I've been doing a bit more reception work at 3MBS (and have committed to Tuesday afternoon for the next few weeks) - though I was disappointed to hear yesterday that the woman I have been working with on the online listings page will be leaving the station in January.

I have been having fun lately cooking up various Indian dishes, mostly feeding P&B - always appreciative dinner guests. I resurrected my old copy of The Bengal Lancers cookbook, a recipe book from a restaurant that used to exist in Chicago, and have also bought another book to work from. Most recipes have turned out well, though I do find that it's better to err on the side of more when it comes to spice mixes; this could be a function of my taste buds being less sensitive, but the others haven't complained yet. One slightly less successful outcome was last night's attempt at parathas - they were OK, but not quite what I was hoping for. I'll try again next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home